DENVER – Johnson & Wales University (Denver) finished third in the Southern Collegiate Athletic Conference's 'Change for the Better' campaign, the SCAC announced Monday. The yearly contest run by each member's Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) sees which SCAC school can raise the most money for the charity of its choice.
JWU SAAC helped raise $376.67 for Special Olympics of Colorado during the first week of February. JWU SAAC then presented those funds during a Special Olympics Unified basketball game on Feb. 14.
Texas Lutheran University raised the most in the SCAC, collecting $588.61 for The Wesley Hensley Fund. This is the third time in four years that TLU has won. Schreiner University raised $516.38 for Doyle School Community Center to finish second.
2019 SCAC Change for the Better Results
- Texas Lutheran - Wesley Hensley Fund ($588.61)
- Schreiner - Doyle School ($516.38)
- Johnson & Wales - Special Olympics Colorado ($376.67)
- Centenary - Muscular Dystrophy Association ($350.00)
- Austin College - Denison Animal Welfare Group ($187.33)
- Trinity - Special Olympics Texas ($162.27)
- Colorado College - Children's Hospital Colorado ($146.13)
- Dallas - Special Olympics ($90.00)
- Southwestern - Special Olympics ($61.01)